Join us on the ultimate voyage of discovery on an exploration of five of New Zealand’s southernmost and seldom visited fiords; Chalky and Preservation Inlets as well as the stunning Doubtful, Dusky and Breaksea Sounds.
Preservation and Chalky inlets offer remote wind-swept coastlines and grand sweeping beaches. In the past, the natural harbours in this area attracted early whalers and miners. Only a few traces of their attempts to tame the landscape still remain. You’ll experience the extreme isolation of this inspirational wilderness, its beauty, wildlife and fascinating history.
From aboard the purpose-built Milford Wanderer you will trace the route Captain Cook took during his historic 1773 voyage to seek out the hypothetical Terra Australis. During your cruise, you will land on beautiful beaches and spend time exploring the coastline via tender craft and kayak. View the island sanctuary set aside by New Zealand’s first conservationist Richard Henry and enjoy the rich wildlife you will encounter on the cruise.
With on-board nature guides, great facilities and outstanding food, all your needs are catered for against an awe-inspiring natural backdrop.
- 7 day expedition cruise of Doubtful, Breaksea and Dusky Sounds and Preservation and Chalky Inlets (with 1-way helicopter transfer included)
- On-board specialist nature guides who provide informative commentary and evening talks
- Guided walks through rainforest and along beautiful deserted shorelines
- Visit historic sites and abandoned settlements
- Tender craft and kayaks for exploration of the coastline
- Coach connections from Te Anau and Queenstown at extra cost
For more detailed information, please visit our Discovery Expeditions website.