Escape to the peace and tranquillity of Doubtful Sound on a magical overnight cruise.
Your getaway starts in Manapouri with a short cruise across Lake Manapouri. Then coach across Wilmot Pass on a sub-alpine road through dense rainforest to Deep Cove where your crew and the Fiordland Navigator await.
Designed along the lines of a traditional scow, the Fiordland Navigator blends old world charm with modern comforts that include spacious viewing decks, a dining saloon/fully licensed bar and an observation lounge.
As you cruise through some of the fiord’s most stunning scenery, our knowledgeable nature guides will provide commentary ensuring you miss nothing, be it the pod of resident dolphins, fur seals or rare penguins you might encounter.
After dropping anchor in a sheltered cove, you can choose to explore the shoreline by kayak or tender boat or to simply relax onboard. For the more adventurous (or very brave), there’s even a chance to go swimming!
In the evening, enjoy a delicious three course buffet dinner prepared by our onboard chef and served in the dining saloon. Mingle with fellow travellers, savour some of the fine wines at our licensed bar and if the skies are clear in the evening, spend some time on the upper deck gazing at the stars.
Kick off the next day with a hearty cooked breakfast and spend the rest of the morning exploring other parts of the fiord. You then return to Deep Cove for the trip back to Manapouri.
- Three-course buffet dinner & cooked breakfast
- Includes kayaking and tendercraft (small boat) activities
- Private cabins with ensuite bathrooms and limited quad share bunk - style compartments
- Picnic lunch options can be pre-ordered (day 1)
- Queenstown and Te Anau coach connections (extra cost) with FREE transfers from most accommodation
- Suitable for all ages, with exception of infants in quad share