Travel with us to this untouched world deep in the heart of Fiordland National Park. The beauty and vastness of Doubtful Sound will take your breath away as you experience its deep wilderness.
When you discover Doubtful Sound you will be struck by its silence – a silence broken only by birdsong or the rushing of a distant waterfall. Its beauty and vastness will take your breath away.
Your day begins in Manapouri with a cruise across the picturesque Lake Manapouri followed by a trip across New Zealand��s most expensive road over Wilmot Pass, pausing along the way to experience the dense Fiordland rainforest and view Doubtful Sound glistening far below.
In Doubtful Sound, you will board our spacious, purpose built catamaran Patea Explorer for a three hour cruise through this pristine fiord. During the cruise our knowledgeable and friendly nature guides will share with you their passion for the region through their commentary. They will answer questions, point out landmarks and provide you with information about the varied wildlife you may encounter like dolphins, fur seals and the rare Fiordland crested penguin.
A visit to one of New Zealand’s major sources of sustainable energy – the Manapouri Underground Power Station* is also included (unless specified in the "please note" section when you click through to "check availability").
- Trip Duration: 7 hours 15 mins - 8 hours
- Delicious lunch options (must be pre-ordered). Sandwiches & snacks also available on board to purchase
- Queenstown and Te Anau coach connections (extra cost, FREE transfers from most accommodation)
- Suitable for all ages
- Includes a visit to Manapouri Underground Power Station* (unless specified in the "please note" section when you click through to "check availability").
- * Trips departing Nov 2014 - Oct 2015 will NOT include a visit to the power station as it is CLOSED for maintenance between these dates