For the ultimate Milford Sound experience, spend the night aboard the Mariner and wake up to the dawn of a new day in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
Depart from the Milford Sound wharf in the late afternoon and cruise the full length of Milford Sound accompanied by a specialist nature guide. They’ll explain the history and geology of the area and be on hand to answer your questions.
The cruise style is relaxed, allowing plenty of time to view the fiord’s spectacular waterfalls, rainforest, mountains and wildlife - you’re bound to encounter seals and if you’re lucky maybe dolphin and penguins
The Milford Mariner then anchors in a sheltered cove, where you can join the nature guide and explore in the vessel’s tender craft (small boat) and kayaks. Or, if you prefer, you can simply relax on deck and soak in the beauty of this amazing place or go for a swim (if you’re brave enough).
As evening falls, enjoy a delicious carvery buffet in the dining saloon, prepared freshly by our onboard chef. Then relax in the company of fellow travellers or indulge in some star-gazing before retiring to your private cabin.
In the morning, dig into a hearty breakfast before heading back out to the Tasman Sea (weather permitting) and exploring more of the fiord.
- Spacious viewing decks, dining saloon/fully licensed bar and observation lounge (see vessel layout)
- Private cabins with ensuites (twin, double or single occupancy) – sleeps 60 pax
- Three course evening buffet meal and cooked breakfast
- Kayaking and tender craft (small boat) activities included
- Specialist nature guide on board
- Milford Sound Discovery Centre (underwater observatory) option for self-drive customers only (extra cost)
- Coach connections from Queenstown and Te Anau (extra cost)
- Fly out option, Milford to Queenstown (weather permitting - not advisable for customers with connecting flights or other restricted travel arrangements)
- Suitable for all ages