Get up close and personal with Milford Sound on our leisurely Nature Cruise.
As you cruise the length of the fiord, learn about the history of the region and benefit from the knowledge of your specialist nature guide. Experience the spray of a waterfall as you cruise close to sheer rock faces or watch out for dolphins, seals and in season, the rare Fiordland crested penguins.
Our Nature Cruises have a flexible, extended itinerary which gives you plenty of time to enjoy the scenery and take in the highlights. Our experienced skippers will tailor the cruise route on the day depending on the weather and wildlife sightings to ensure you get to see the best that Milford Sound has to offer.
Informative, participative and more relaxed, a Nature Cruise is the perfect way to experience Milford Sound to the fullest.
- Cruise duration: 2hrs 30mins (2hrs in winter)
- Picnic, Obento and Indian lunch options available (must be pre-ordered)
- For Fly/Nature Cruise/Fly trips ONLY - Picnic Lunch is included in the price shown
- Specialist nature guides provide commentary (English only)
- Optional upgrade to Premium Package (see "More Info" tab)
- Milford Sound Discovery Centre (underwater observatory) (extra cost - selected departures from Milford only)
- Coach connections from Queenstown and Te Anau plus fly out options from Milford Sound
- All ages welcome