Go on an overnight adventure for a truly immersive Milford Sound experience.
Begin your overnight trip with a full length cruise of Milford Sound accompanied by a specialist nature guide. The atmosphere on board is friendly and relaxed, and you’ll quickly get to know your crew and fellow travellers.
As you explore the fiord, keep a lookout for wildlife, especially fur seals basking on the rocks. In the late afternoon, the Milford Wanderer will moor in a sheltered cove, allowing you to go exploring with a nature guide in the kayaks or tendercraft (small boat). If you’re feeling brave, you can even go swimming in the fiord’s pure, but cold, waters.
As the shadows deepen, the Milford Wanderer will return under sail (weather permitting) to Harrison Cove for the night. Enjoy a three-course meal in the cosy saloon, order drinks from the fully licensed bar and relax in the company of like-minded travellers. After dinner you may want to check out the stars in the incredible inky blackness of the remote Fiordland night sky. When you’re ready, retire to a comfortable cabin.
The next morning, fuel up for the day with a hearty breakfast before heading back out to the Tasman Sea (depending on the weather of course) and exploring a bit more of the fiord.
- Spacious viewing decks and cosy dining saloon/fully licensed bar (see vessel layout)
- Twin-share compartments and shared bathroom facilities. Limited Quad-share accommodation is also available – sleeps 36 twin share
- Three course evening meal and cooked breakfast
- Kayaking and tendercraft (small boat) activities included
- Specialist nature guide on board
- Milford Sound Discovery Centre (underwater observatory) option for self-drive customers only (extra cost)
- Coach connections from Queenstown and Te Anau (extra cost)
- Fly out option, Milford to Queenstown (weather permitting - not advisable for customers with connecting flights or other restricted travel arrangements)
- Suitable for all ages except infants