Head out on an overnight adventure for a truly immersive Milford Sound experience.
Includes a full length cruise of Milford Sound and access to part of the world famous Milford Track for an exclusive guided walk accompanied by your specialist nature guide.
The atmosphere on board is friendly and relaxed, and you’ll quickly get to know your crew and fellow travellers. As you explore the fiord, keep a lookout for wildlife, especially fur seals basking on the rocks.
Explore the shoreline by tendercraft (small boat) with our nature guide and learn about the area and its flora and fauna. Alternatively, transfer from the Milford Wanderer to a small vessel for the drop off at Sandfly Point – the starting point of the guided walk on a section of the world-famous Milford Track. Or if you’re feeling brave, you can even go swimming in the fiord’s pure, but cold, waters.
As the shadows deepen, the Milford Wanderer will return under sail (weather permitting) to sheltered Harrison Cove for the night. Enjoy a three-course meal in the cosy saloon, order drinks from the fully licensed bar and relax in the company of like-minded travellers. After dinner you may want to check out the stars in the incredible inky blackness of the remote Fiordland night sky. When you’re ready, retire to a comfortable cabin.
The next morning, fuel up for the day with a hearty breakfast before heading out to the Tasman Sea (depending on the weather of course) and explore a bit more of the fiord.
- Spacious viewing decks and cosy dining saloon/fully licensed bar (see vessel layout)
- Twin-share compartments and shared bathroom facilities. Limited Quad-share accommodation is also available – sleeps 36 twin share
- Three course evening dinner (vegetarian options available)
- Cooked and continental breakfast options
- Guided walk on section of the Milford Track (approx. 1.5 hours) or exploring the shoreline by tendercraft (small boat) included
- Specialist nature guide on board
- Milford Sound Discovery Centre (underwater observatory) option for self-drive customers only (extra cost)
- Coach connections from Queenstown and Te Anau (extra cost)
- Fly out option, Milford to Queenstown (weather permitting - not advisable for customers with connecting flights or other restricted travel arrangements)
- Suitable for all ages except infants