Cruise and discover the remote south-west fiords of Breaksea and Dusky Sounds at a pace that lets you connect with their rich and spectacular landscapes. With more than 350 islands, these incredibly beautiful fiords offer many idyllic spots for mooring and trips ashore.
Our longer 5 day Dusky Sound Discovery Expedition will also take you to Doubtful Sound, well known for its wildlife, including fur seals and a resident pod of bottlenose dolphins.
From aboard the purpose built Milford Wanderer you will cruise in the wake of Captain Cook on his historic 1773 voyage to seek out the hypothetical Terra Australis. With an on-board nature guide, great facilities and outstanding food prepared by our chef, you can be sure all your needs are well catered for.
- 4 and 5 day expedition options
- Includes one-way or return heli-transfers
- On-board specialist nature guides who provide informative commentary and evening talks
- Guided walks through rainforest and along beautiful deserted shorelines
- Visit historic sites and abandoned settlements
- Tender craft and kayaks for exploration of the coastline
- Coach connections from Te Anau and Queenstown at extra cost
For more detailed information, please visit our Discovery Expeditions website.