Discover New Zealand’s third and southernmost island – Stewart Island – from aboard the purpose-built Milford Wanderer.
Most of Stewart Island is part of the Rakiura National Park with settlement mainly confined to Oban, the only township. The island’s densely forested hills, tiny population and untouched coastline of rocky outcrops and creamy golden sand beaches make it a natural refuge for marine and bird life and a wonderful destination for people who value nature and wild places.
Your journey starts with a cruise across Foveaux Strait from Bluff to Stewart Island’s eastern shoreline. After boarding the Milford Wanderer, you’ll spend the next six days cruising some of the most magical waters in New Zealand, venturing ashore regularly for guided walks and visits to historic sites.
- 6 day / 5 night cruise options
- On-board specialist nature guides who provide informative commentary and evening talks
- Guided walks through rainforest and along beautiful deserted shorelines
- Visit historic sites and abandoned settlements
- Tender craft and kayaks for exploration of the coastline
- Coach connections from Invercargill
For more detailed information, please visit our Discovery Cruises website.