Departures & Availability
|DEPARTS - RETURNS||DURATION||DETAILS||AVAILABILITY|
|3 - 8 Jul 2016||6 days||Cruise||Space available|
|10 - 15 Jul 2016||6 days||Cruise||Space available|
|9 - 14 Oct 2016||6 days||Cruise||Space available|
Stewart Island Discovery Expeditions depart from Bluff Visitor Terminal.
Getting to Bluff
Bluff is around 25 minutes from Invercargill, 3.5 hours from Dunedin and around 3 hours from Queenstown by road. Coach connections are available from Invercargill (extra cost).
Milford Wanderer - your home in the fiords
Just because you’re escaping civilisation doesn’t mean you have to go without its comforts. Our vessel, the Milford Wanderer, is a modern motorised vessel that has been purpose built for navigating southern New Zealand.
Designed along the lines of a traditional sailing scow, it has old world charm combined with modern facilities and the latest in safety equipment. After recent refurbishment the Milford Wanderer offers "twin-share" compartments and shared bathroom facilities.
- 32 passengers per departure
- Warm, comfortable accommodation (two passengers per sleeping compartment)
- Duvets, sheets and towels provided
- Modern bathroom facilities with hot showers
- Delicious meals prepared by onboard chef
- Open bridge policy - chat with the skipper during the voyage
- Kayaks and small motorised craft available for passenger use