Specifically designed for those seeking a relaxed and scenic water adventure. No experience of canoe or rafting required, you just ‘go with the flow’ and soak up the amazing scenery along the way.
With a scenic backdrop of the Remarkable mountains float/paddle down the beautiful stretch of the Kawarau River in a raft or inflatable canoe with an experienced guide accompanying the trip. There are no rapids in this section of the river, so your trip will be relaxed and scenic.
Your trip starts with a 15 minute bus transfer from downtown Queenstown to the confluence of the Shotover and Kawarau Rivers. The Kawarau river is the only outlet to Lake Wakatipu and flows out to the east of Queenstown. Then go with ‘the flow’ on the flat stretch of the Kawarau River down to the foot of the Crown Range mountain at our Morven Ferry site near Arrowtown.
You will experience approximately 7kms of this picturesque stretch of the Kawarau River whilst you take in the scenery and views. After your trip you are transferred back to town by bus.
- Trip operates with a minimum of 4 people.
- Customers to reconfirm at least 24 hours prior to departure to ensure your trip will be operating
- Minimum age 4 years (ages 4 - 8 years must go in a raft)
- 10 years and under to be accompanied by an adult in the same raft
- Non-swimmers welcome, no experience necessary
- No departures on Christmas Day (25 December)
- Trip is weather, river level and/or water temperature dependent