Your acceptance of the terms and conditions outlined are required to process your reservation.
Prepayment by credit card and subsequent confirmation by Real Journeys Ltd is accepted as confirmation of your booking.
All transactions are conducted in New Zealand Dollars (NZD). Due to exchange rate fluctuations, at times there may be some variance in the amounts refunded compared to the amount initially charged. Real Journeys Ltd (and associated companies) does not accept any liability for these variances or any subsequent credit card/bank charges relating to these transfers to customer's accounts. Payments using Amex, JCB or Diners incur a non-refundable 3% surcharge.
Real Journeys (and associated companies) reserve the right to amend timetables, cancel departures, substitute plant and equipment and alter ticket prices at any time.
All agreements and contracts shall be subject solely to New Zealand law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts. In the event of a cancellation or amendment to your booking, notification period is in NZ time (NZST).
We strongly recommend travel insurance for all our experiences, especially for those that require longer notification periods for cancellation (see below).
In the event of a cancellation or amendment to your booking, refunds will only be granted when Real Journeys receives notification at least 24 hours prior (NZ time) to departure date EXCEPT:
- Milford Sound Overnight Cruises: 5 days prior to departure
- Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruises: 5 days prior to departure
- Stewart Island Lodge: 5 days prior to arrival date.
- Selected Special Events: Refer below *
Please note the different and additional bookings terms and conditions detailed below for Stewart Island Wild Kiwi Encounter, River Rafting (Shotover, Kawarau, Flow Fun Canoes and Landsborough & Brodrick Wilderness Experience), Discovery Expeditions, Go Orange and Cardrona Transport & Packages.
Stewart Island Wild Kiwi Encounter - Kiwi guarantee
River Rafting: Shotover & Kawarau (including heli options) - Terms and Conditions:
- Transfers: Reservations can be transferred to another date (subject to availability) up to 48 hours prior to departure with no transfer free incurred. A $50 transfer free applies to date transfers within 48 hours.
- Cancellations: Cancellations must be received 48 hours prior to trip departure. Trips are non-refundable after this point.
- Cancellations by Queenstown Rafting: Due to weather or river conditions, rafting may not be able to operate for safety reasons and an alternative trip, date or refund will be offered.
Landsborough Wilderness Experience (3 day) and Brodrick Wilderness Experience (5 day) - Terms and Conditions:
- Age: Suitable for all ages with the exception of children under 15 years. If you are over 70 years, please consult your doctor to check your physical fitness.
- Booking Conditions: To secure a reservation, we require your credit card details. Full payment must be made prior to departure.
- Transfers: Reservations can be transferred to another date (subject to availability) if received 30 days prior to departure but may incur an administration fee. We recommend travel insurance.
- Cancellations: Real Journeys and Queenstown Rafting must be notified 30 days prior to trip departure, otherwise no refund will be given.
Discovery Expeditions - Terms and Conditions:
Age: If you are over 70 years, please consult your doctor to check your physical fitness.
Cancellations: All cancellations must be received in writing. Cancellation fees are charged on the following basis:
- Outside 90 days prior to departure: NZ$100.00 per person
- 89 - 60 days prior to departure: NZ$200.00 per person
- 59 - 30 days prior to departure: 50% of full fare
- Within 29 days prior to departure: 100% of full fare
Once the expedition has departed, no portion of the package payment is refundable in the event of the individual or group being unable to proceed.
Cancellation fees are not negotiable - we recommend travel insurance.
Go Orange - Terms and Conditions:
- Cancellations: No refund is given if less than 24 hours (Milford Sound) or 48 hours (Doubtful Sound) notice is received prior to departures.
- Coach and Sea Kayak excursions: Cruise may be substituted for kayaking if weather is not suitable.
- Departures are subject to minimum numbers.
- Please ensure you have read and agree to the Safety and Risk Disclosure information (features under the 'more info' tab for each kayaking page).
Cardrona Transport & Packages - Terms and Conditions:
- Cancellations: Cardrona Packages are non-changeable and non-refundable 24 hours prior to departure, unless access to Cardrona or the road to Cardrona are compromised due to weather on the day, in which case date changes, refunds or partial refunds will be offered.
- Transport to Cardrona: All passengers must be ready at their chosen departure point at least 10 minutes prior to their scheduled pick-up time. The bus will not wait for late-comers and therefore all package components will be treated as non-refundable cancellation.
*Birds of a Feather Conservation Ball 2018 - Terms and Conditions:
- Cancellations: This is a charity event and no refunds will be issued. However, if you wish to transfer the names on your tickets to others, then please contact our Events Team quoting your booking reference.
Last update: 25 May 2018