Your acceptance of the terms and conditions outlined are required to process your reservation.
Prepayment by credit card and subsequent confirmation by Real Journeys Ltd is accepted as confirmation of your booking.
All transactions are conducted in New Zealand Dollars (NZD). Due to exchange rate fluctuations, at times there may be some variance in the amounts refunded compared to the amount initially charged. Real Journeys Ltd (and associated companies) does not accept any liability for these variances or any subsequent credit card/bank charges relating to these transfers to customer's accounts.
Real Journeys (and associated companies) reserve the right to amend timetables, cancel departures, substitute plant and equipment, amend specials or offers and alter ticket prices at any time.
All agreements and contracts shall be subject solely to New Zealand law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts. In the event of a cancellation or amendment to your booking, notification period is in NZ time (NZST).
We strongly recommend travel insurance for all our experiences, especially for those that require longer notification periods for cancellation (see below).
The majority of our vessels and all coaches are smoke-free zones, no smoking will be permitted onboard. Smoking is only allowed in the designated area on our overnight and multi-day cruises.
In the event of a cancellation or amendment to your booking, refunds will only be granted when Real Journeys receives notification at least 24 hours prior (NZ time) to departure date EXCEPT:
Please note the different and additional bookings terms and conditions detailed below for Stewart Island Wild Kiwi Encounter, Discovery Expeditions, Locals' Specials and promo code promotions.
If you don’t see a kiwi we will refund you 20% of your ticket price.
Age: If you are over 70 years, please consult your doctor to check your physical fitness.
Cancellations: All cancellations must be received in writing. Cancellation fees are not negotiable - we recommend travel insurance.
Web bookings require full payment at the time of booking.
Phone and all other booking methods require a non-refundable deposit at the time of booking and full payment 120 days prior to departure.
Cancellation fees are charged on the following basis for all bookings:
For departures in 2020
Once the expedition has departed, no portion of the package payment is refundable in the event of the individual or group being unable to proceed.
A $50 fee is charged for amendments to a confirmed reservation. Please note we cannot accept any amendments within 59 days prior to travel.
Standard terms and conditions apply, plus any relevant additional terms as mentioned above:
- Bookings made on the Real Journeys website will require the promo code to be entered in the “promo code” field during the booking process - then the discount will be applied.
- The promo code is case sensitive and must be exact
- Full payment must be made at time of booking
- Offer cannot be transferred to another product nor redeemable for cash
- This offer is valid for the specified travel dates only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer or discount
- Bookings must be made direct with Real Journeys and are subject to availability
- Real Journeys has the right to amend timetables, cancel departures, amend specials or offers, alter ticket prices and substitute plant at any time.
Last update: 13 March 2020